July 18, 2017
Dear Experian, I have a debt from a department store credit card. It was charged off a few months ago. I have the money to pay it now. I...
July 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I am a graduate student with no income. I have a car payment that hasn't been paid in two months, and now they want to repossess it. I...
June 13, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a 30-day late payment in April 2011 and one 90 days late in September of 2011. When would the seven-year rule start? April or September?...
May 23, 2017
Dear Experian, Should closed and paid off accounts be taken off my report or does that not matter? – JOM Dear JOM, Even though an account is paid off...
May 9, 2017
Dear Experian, I have 19 inquiries on my credit report from Experian. I have been declined for credit cards three to four times in the recent past. The reason...
April 25, 2017
Dear Experian, A friend of mine has been out of prison for five months and is trying to get his credit report. He has his identification card and Social...
April 11, 2017
Dear Experian, I have an issue on my credit report that I believe came about when I traded my vehicle in for a new one. The creditor who held...
March 28, 2017
Dear Experian, Can I get closed accounts with $0 balance removed from my credit report? – LLV Dear LLV, When you pay off and close an account, the creditor...
March 9, 2017
Dear Experian, How can I find out who I owe? I would like to know so that I can pay off my debt and clear up my credit. –...
February 28, 2017
Dear Experian, My mother offered to pay off my private student loans. The account is in good standing, but I am negotiating to pay an amount less than the...
February 21, 2017
Dear Experian, How can I remove collections and late payments and repair my credit report? How long does it take? I would like to buy a house in four...
February 14, 2017
Dear Experian, I paid a civil judgment in full this year. Will that ever be off my credit report? It shows the amount owed is $0, but it still...
January 24, 2017
Dear Experian, I want a replacement PIN for my security freeze. You asked me to mail in a document with my Social Security number — there are no other...
January 12, 2017
Dear Experian, I had a car payment that was seriously delinquent in 2015. In January of 2016 I brought the payment current, and the monthly payment has been paid...
January 3, 2017
Dear Experian, I received my credit score. It says “amount of revolving credit card balances is too high,” but I do not owe anything. How do I clear the...
- Does an overdraft on my checking account affect my credit score?
- How long can negative items stay on your credit report?
- How often should I check my credit score?
- Is there a way to consolidate debt without ruining your credit?
- Does everyone start out with the same credit score?
- I’m 16 years old. How do you get started with credit?
- How does cosigning affect your credit? Does it show as a debt?
- If you apply for two credit cards in the same month, will it affect your credit score twice?
- How can a credit score from TransUnion and Experian be 50 points different?
- Why do Experian, Equifax and TransUnion differ so much in score?
- Remove Authorized User Accounts from Credit Report
- How Long Do Inquiries Impact My Scores?
- 5 Reasons Your Credit Scores May Have Dropped (And What That Can Mean)
- Will I Qualify For That Car Loan?
- Separating Credit Reports of Father and Son
- Credit Scores and Your Home Equity Line of Credit
- The Meaning of “Too Few Accounts Paid as Agreed”
- U.S. Credit History Will Not Transfer to Canada
- The Impact of Credit Counseling on Credit Scores
- Insurance Inquiries Do Not Affect Credit Scores
- Getting Removed as a Joint Credit Card Account Holder
- Consigning for an Apartment Could Help or Hurt Credit
- Missing Accounts Not Reported by Your Lenders
- Cell Phone Payments are Not Reported